Direct at ACT
Thank you for being interested in directing at ACT for our 2017-2018 Season!
We are a company that relies heavily on the generosity and talent of our volunteers and as a director myself I appreciate the very great commitment directors make to ACT.
I’m putting out a general call for interested directors to answer the following questions and from those expressions of interest I will make a final choice. If you’re interested in directing but aren’t sure which play you want to do, come grab a script! They’re available for check out at the theatre with a $20 deposit that you’ll get back when you return the script.
My priorities are: to pair directors with plays they are excited about, be transparent about my process in choosing directors, and expand the pool of directors who work at ACT.
- Describe any directing or assistant directing experience (or attach resume)
- Which play do you want to direct?
- Why do you want to direct this play? (What do you love about it? Why is it important? Why are you well suited to direct this play? What is your concept/vision?)
- ACT’s mission statement is “building community through theatre”. We want to create a safe, accessible, and fun environment during rehearsals. In community theatre the process is as important as the final product. As a director, how will you contribute to our mission? (Will you prioritize casting first time actors? Will you do your best to make interesting and diverse casting choices that contribute to building community? Discuss what our mission statement means to you.)
- Would you be comfortable with and/or interested in having an assistant director?
Please email your expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 29th. Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Please feel free to include any feedback on the season of plays or this process.
Sara Athans, Executive Director