The Anchorage Community Theatre (ACT) Board of Directors is seeking an experienced, creative, and a flexible Executive Director. The successful candidate will bring knowledge, experience and energy, clarity to advancing the ACT mission of “Building community through theater.” The Executive Director will be expected to represent ACT in the Anchorage community.
ACT is the oldest operating community theater group in the state of Alaska. With a complete performing season of five shows, a summer theater season, an extensive outreach program, and numerous community events, ACT is a major part of the arts environment in Anchorage. The successful candidate will continue and expand upon this rich history.
Strong managerial and administrative skills are essential. ACT has a small but skilled core production and administrative staff that recruits and manages numerous community volunteers in mounting productions and staging special events. An experienced, active and committed Board of Directors will provide direction and support to the Executive Director.
Essential job functions:
- Develop annual plans and budgets for board consideration and approval
- Assess community theater needs in Anchorage and statewide
- Manage revenue acquisition and fundraising, including ticket sales, tuition, grants, donations, ads and events
- Manage the organization’s financial affairs
- Assist in selecting plays for the upcoming season, selecting directors and technical staff/volunteers, and assisting in auditions
- Monitor the safety of all programs and facilities
- Hire, train, and supervise budgeted staff
- Consistently engage board members in ACT production support and functions
- Develop partnerships with supporters and funding agencies
- Attend all act Board meetings
- Prepare needed materials for meetings, including but not limited to monthly reports on activities, finances, recent productions and other administrative activities.
Employment status: At-will employee, serving at the pleasure of the ACT Board
Salary: $36,000 DOE
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Brian Saylor, ACT Board Secretary at email@example.com or be mailed to the Anchorage Community Theater, 1133 E. 70th Ave., Anchorage, AK 99518 applications will be accepted no later than June 29, 2017.